Many people use Microsoft outlook nowadays, as it’s the third most in-demand email client in the world. The main reason for that is, other than its use for sending and receiving emails, it can also be used to conduct meetings and set reminders.
However, if you use Microsoft Outlook, you might have encountered [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error while sending emails. This is the most common yet frustrating error that you could encounter in recent times.
On the contrary, this error could easily be fixed by following some basic guidelines. Did you know about it?
Yes! You can quickly get rid of this problem by following these 6 simple guidelines that We have mentioned below.
To get rid of it completely, read this article till the end!
What is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]?
The [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is a common error that takes place in Microsoft outlook while sending emails. This fault can be extremely frustrating and time-wasting, as it disables you to send emails to others.
This error is the consequence of a dispute with the SMTP server (simple mail transfer protocol), or it can occur because you have made some small mistakes while installing the software. In the latter case, you need to check all the factors like port number, authentications, and connections.
Since this error is quite common, luckily various methods could be used to solve this issue.
Below, We have mentioned 6 simple techniques that you can use to get rid of [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6].
Follow these guidelines.
How To Solve [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error?
Technique#01: Deleting And Reinstalling
When we restart our mobile devices or computers, many problems are fixed automatically. Similarly, this could work with Microsoft outlook. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’
- Select programs
- Then select program and features
- Find Microsoft Office professional plus 2019 or 365 and right-click it
- Follow the guidelines to uninstall it
- After it has been uninstalled, reinstall it
- Create your account and give a try to send an email
- If it still doesn’t work, go-to technique#2
Technique#2: Upgrading Your Software
Do you know [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] could also be the consequence of the old version of your software?
Yes and in this case, you will receive emails from the other accounts and this makes it tough to discover.
Therefore, if the error is appearing due to this reason, then you need to update your software. To do so, follow these guidelines:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your device and click on the ‘file’ option at the top-left
- Select ‘account’ or in some versions ‘office account’
- Below ‘product information’, click on update options
- Press ‘update now’
Technique#3: Antivirus And Security
Anti-virus software causes problems every now and then, and in this case, it could be holding Microsoft outlook from linking other emails.
Therefore, you need to disable anti-virus software for a while to check if this technique works. But make sure to turn it back on after it’s done.
Follow these guidelines to disable anti-virus software:
- Open ‘control panel’
- Click on ‘System and Security’
- Select Security and Maintenance
- The select windows security portion
- Open virus and threat security and click on ‘manage settings’
- Search ‘real-time security and disable it
- Try to send an email.
- If it still doesn’t work, try technique#4. But enable real-time security first!
Technique#4: Outlook Settings
If this error is caused by some mistakes while installing it then this technique will solve the issue. Follow these guidelines:
- Open Outlook
- Click on ‘tools menu’ and select accounts
- If you have more than one account, then open the one that is displaying this error
- Go to properties
- Click on ‘more settings’
- Go to the ‘outgoing server tab’ and confirm that its authentication is on
- Now go to Advanced settings
- Check if SMTP and POP settings are the same as the incoming e-mail server ( if it’s not, click on ‘use the same settings as my incoming mail server)
- Re-launch Outlook and check if the error still exists
Technique#5: Eliminate Duplicate Accounts
If you have any duplicate Microsoft outlook account, it could be the cause of this problem, so you need to eliminate it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and select account settings
- Find any duplicate accounts if you have any and delete them
- Re-launch Microsoft outlook to see if the error is still there
Technique#6: Manipulate The Server Port Number
You can also change the server port number to get rid of this if the aforementioned techniques don’t work. Follow these guidelines:
- Open Outlook
- Go to Accounts and settings in the file option
- Select your account that is displaying this error
- Go on more settings and then click on internet e-mail settings
- Select ‘advance tab’
- Modify the SMTP number from 465 to 587
- Click on ‘Save settings’
[pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is a common error and can be solved effortlessly, as there are various methods available to resolve it.
In this article, We have mentioned 6 techniques that you will find helpful in fixing this issue. I strongly believe that the above-mentioned techniques will solve your issue and enable you to send and receive emails efficiently.
However, if the error still persists after trying all of the above-mentioned methods, then you only have the option of getting in touch with the Microsoft support team. You can tell them about the problem you’re facing and they will respond with their expert advice.
You can also have a look to this error: [pii_email_fb3a592541f578be054a]