Wondering how to uninstall Avast Mac? Well, we bring you with a detailed article to address this problem of yours.
Avast is software that detects the virus to protect your PC. But you might want to uninstall Avast Mac maybe because it is consuming a lot of space. Another reason for this could be the fact that it slows down the working speed of your system by running in the background even when you don’t want it to.
The problem that occurs while trashing this software is it leaves behind the files that might reinstall this software automatically. Therefore, you can’t simply right-click on the software to uninstall it, the way you do for other software.
Methods To Uninstall Avast Mac
Following are the simple and easy methods that you can use to uninstall Avast Mac. These steps would save you much time and effort and are completely reliable.
Method 1: Uninstall Avast Mac Using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
You no more need to trouble yourself when you’ve got Cleaner & Uninstaller to make your job much easier. This app is used widely because it completely removes/uninstalls the application from Mac. Hence, it is a reliable and less time-consuming App you can use to uninstall Avast mac.
Before we begin the steps it important to note that if you haven’t yet downloaded this app, download it and then proceed with the given steps. You can download it from the link https://nektony.com/mac-app-cleaner.
Following are the steps that you need to follow for uninstalling Avast Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller. But before we begin
- Open the app Cleaner & Uninstaller on your PC.
- Look for Avast from the given list of applications.
- As soon as you would click on Avast you would be able to see the remove button at the bottom right corner.
- The application would ask for the confirmation of this uninstallation.
Finally, the Avast would be uninstalled from the Mac because Cleaner & Uninstaller looks for all the service files of the applications and remove them permanently. Therefore, Avast would no more be able to reinstall on your PC.
Method 2: Uninstalling Avast Security On Mac
This is another method that you can use to uninstall Avast Mac. You might not have used this if you have used method 1. This method is supposed to be used if you have uninstalled Avast using the traditional method. It could create problems because by doing so, the service files remain in the Mac.
Hence, you are required to follow the following steps.
- You are required to look for the Avast icon in the toolbar.
- Once you found the icon, you need to right-click on it to select the Avast Security option from the drop-down menu.
- You need to select the Uninstall Avast Security option to proceed with this method.
- To confirm this process, the system would ask for your password and username.
- After clicking OK the process would finally be completed.
This the easy and secure method you can follow to uninstall Avast Mac.
The provided methods would resolve the problem you are facing with the Avast Mac. Just follow the given methods as per your requirement and you would no more receive any annoying notifications. It is important to mention that you don’t need to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. You can use any other app such as ClaenMyMac etc.