Are you receiving a notification that sounds somewhat like IDP.Generic? Don’t get panic because we bring you a detailed article about what IDP.Generic is and how can you save the files of your PC from getting infected.
What Is IDP.Generic?
This is probably the first question that would have arisen in your mind if you received any such notification from your PC’s virus protection program or application.
IDP.Generic stands for Identity Protection. It is a virus that starts infecting the files of your PC. Usually, the users receive a notification about the detection of such virus in your files.
What’s problematic is that it doesn’t infect a single file, rather once found it starts infecting most of the files.
Causes Behind IDP.Generic
There could be several reasons responsible for this issue. The most important cause behind IDP.Generic might be the outdated antivirus software on your PC. hence, the most immediate action you could take is to update the antivirus.
Most of the users find this virus in software or application files specifically the users of AVG and Avast users. When IDP.Generic Virus is found it can stop working the working of programs of your System.
Do IDP.Generic Requires Your Immediate Attention
If your PC detects any such infection or virus in the files you need to take immediate action because it starts spreading once found. Another problem that this virus comes with is that IDP.Generic slows down PC’s working speed. This virus automatically directs you to unknown sites that becomes frustrating.
Hence, it is recommended that you install some antivirus software to save your PC from getting infected anymore. You may install Avast Antivirus Application.
The question might arise that how you would install Avast Antivirus Application. Well, it’s quite easy. All you have to do is:
- Visit the official website of Avast where you’d see the download option.
- Simply click the download option, the software would take two to three minutes to download.
- As soon as it’s downloaded the last step you’d do is install it.
Methods to Remove IDP.Generic Virus
Once you are sure about the presence the of virus you immediately need to remove the virus. For this, we bring you the working methods that would resolve your problem in minimum time.
Method one: Avast Antivirus Protection
This is one of the most popularly used software to detect and delete the virus. Firstly, you need to be assured that the threat is a false positive. Once you are sure you need to resolve this problem by following steps.
- You need to open the Avast Antivirus software and then go to the Protection option on the left side of the appeared window.
- After that, you are required to click on the Virus Chest option.
- Now in order to delete the virus from the file, you need to right-click on the infected file.
- Finally, select the Restore and Add an Excursion option to finish the process.
If you cannot install this software or find this method a bit difficult you can follow the following methods. These methods are simple and you won’t be required to install any software.
Method Two: Accessing Safe Mode
Following are the steps that you need to follow in order to remove IDP.Generic from accessing the Safe Mode and Networking.
- You are required to select the window button at the bottom-left corner.
- After that, look for the Update and Security from the given options.
- As soon as you’d click on the Update and Security option a new window would appear on your screen.
- This new window would show several options. You are required to select the Recovery option.
- Look for the Restart Now option beneath the Advanced Startup section.
- Now select the troubleshoot option from the new window that would appear on your screen.
- After that select the Advanced Options from the given two options.
- From the Advanced Options select Startup Settings and click on the restart.
- Finally, to enable the Safe Mode with Networking click on this option under the list of startup settings.
Method Three: Shutting Down the Suspicious Processes
Once you are done doing step two, you are required to stop the malware process running in the background. Following are the steps you should follow for shutting down the suspicious processes.
- From the keypad or keyboard of your PC, press Ctrl+shift+Esc to launch the Windows Task Manager.
- You need to look for the background processes from the appeared window.
- Look for any suspicious file and left-click on that file.
- Now select the End Task option to delete any background process that the file was causing.
Method Four: Deleting Virus Files
This method would prove useful in deleting the IDP.Generic virus that causing your system to slow down. You can do so by following the steps.
- Type Disk Cleanup in the search bar of your PC to open it.
- You would be asked to select the drive you want to clean. Usually, it’s the C: drive that contains the malicious files. Hence you need to select the C: drive.
- After selecting the drive C: the system would automatically scan for the temporary files and a new window would appear.
- Now, you need to check the Recycle Bin, Temporary files, and download from the appeared list.
- You are now required to select the Cleanup system files option at the bottom left corner.
- Finally, click OK to proceed with the process.
You need to keep on doing this for the protection of your PC’s files from any infection. This would enhance the working speed of the system.
Method Five: Checking Program Startup
This method would require you to follow the following steps.
- Press Crtl+Shift+Esc as you did earlier in method three.
- A new window would appear on your screen. You are required to select the Startup tab.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown program and right-click on that to disable that particular program.
The provided method would resolve your problem related to IDP.Generic Virus. Your system would resume functioning at the normal speed. You have to follow all these methods in case if you detect IDP.Generic Virus for complete safety of your PC.